Friday, March 09, 2012

Today

I'm slowly starting to feel better. Yesterday I sat down on the couch and tucked my right leg under myself-something I do without thinking on a normal day-and it didn't hurt. The fact that I just did it without thinking is a sign that before I sat down, I was feeling good. Granted, it hurt like hell getting my leg out from under me and then I was limping for an hour or so, BUT, it's a step in the right direction.

The pain in my lower back is also almost gone. The only pain that really remains in is my left leg, which is from the nerve being pressed on for so long. They say that'll take a little while to get better, if it will get better...so I pray every day and every night that it will calm down. I've got big plans for the spring and summer, and of course for the fall, so it'd better hurry up and heal!

Today I was reminded by Trav that it's Friday. It is very easy to lose track of time while you're home alone without anything to do but read and watch TV. I was reminded because he does a weekly post called Five on Friday where he posts 5 different songs. I'm never really good at digging up five songs, so I never play, but today it reminds me that we need to pick a wedding song in the next few months. I have a strong first choice, which is posted below. It's a song that makes me cry every time I hear it, because it reminds me so much of B1. I heard this for the first time the week we met and I felt such a connection to the song. I really hope that B1 agrees that this is perfect too.



What do you think?

Yesterday one of the items I ordered last week arrived. It's an anchor paper stamp for the invitations. I stamped out about 100 of them last night and today I'll affix them with glue. I'm pretty excited that the invitation process is starting. It's still 6 months away, but I know that life will get in the way if I don't start them now and I want them to be perfect. And also, I'm pretty freakin' excited to finally have something productive to do!!

PS. I fully recognize that these last few posts have been all over the place. It's what happens when I haven't talked to anyone in a while. (Other than B1, of course!)

2 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

Little improvement is an improvement :) Keep going, girl!

I like the WebMD - it's free. I did not feel like paying for WW, although I like their concept. It is little annoying to have to log in everything you eat and do, but it's working. Week one I lost 4lbs, week 2 I lost 2 lbs and this week another 2 lbs. I'm right on track ;)

Travis Cody said...

I think any song that is special to the two of you will be perfect.