Wednesday, June 29, 2011

See Food

B1 and I are going out to dinner on Friday to celebrate his new job and, in my mind, to kick off the long, fun weekend we have planned. A few minutes ago I went to the restaurant's website to view their menu and was tickled pink when I saw that this is how they display it online:

Just as they do in person. It just makes me smile that they didn't have someone type it out for their website...I don't know why. It just does.

This weekend we are also going to stay on the boat for at least one night, go see the sailboat races and attend a chowder fest. And, of course, fireworks.

Last year we didn't really get to see fireworks on the 4th...we were in RI on vacation with my family and for some reason, they were canceled. We didn't know that though, and so we stood around (with hundreds of other people) waiting for the big show. So I'm excited to see some pretty fireworks with my B1.

Last night I finished painting our kitchen. It looks really pretty, but when I woke up this morning, I noticed that the 2nd can that I bought yesterday didn't cover as well as the first one. That means I have to buy more and do some touch ups. Kind of frustrating, but it's OK. I want it to look really nice, so I'll do the extra work. Today I'm leaving early for a doctor's appointment (follow up from my shot) and afterward, I'm going to IKEA to buy a shelving unit and some pretty glass jars for the big wall. We have very little cabinet space and B1 and I both have lots of dishes and glassware. My plan is to display as many as possible on the shelf and then to take my flour, beans, lentils, pastas...out of the cabinet and put them into the jars on top. That'll give us more room in the cabinets and also bring some interest into the room.

That's the idea, anyway...

I'll post pictures when it's all done.

3 comments:

"Lois Grebowski" said...

I have an IKEA list going myself... Want me to send it along?

Dish towels, espresso maker, and look at sheets.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

excellent menu indeed...have a marvelous weekend Mags And B1

Thomas said...

I'm looking forward to getting three days off as well. Hope you and yours have a 4th to remember. :)